Help us prevent
COVID-19 prevention and protection measures
To ensure the health and protection of all students, teachers and collaborators, the Gimnasio Moderno has taken different prevention measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and the transmission of other viral respiratory infections.
Following the prevention instructions issued by the Ministries of Health, Education and Labor, it was decided to postpone until further notice, the different activities of school life. (See prevention and containment protocol).
Similarly, the school has acted responsibly with the following measures:
- The Nursing Department has campaigned with students, teachers and collaborators on proper hand washing.
- In the different communication channels that the school has, the steps that must be taken into account to properly wash the hands has been reinforced.
- All bathrooms have step-by-step posters to properly wash hands.
- The school has provided clear and timely information on the prevention and containment measures of COVID-19, through the screens found at the entrance of the dining room.
- Sanitizing gel is installed in all concierge areas so that people entering the campus are disinfected. Sanitizing gel has also been installed in strategic sites such as building entrances, classrooms, dining room, libraries, swimming pool, cultural center, among others.
- Regularly disinfection processes with hypochlorite are carried out in the classrooms and buildings of the school. Surfaces, tables and chairs are disinfected according to the cleaning procedures defined by government authorities.
- The fumigations of the entire school, the green areas and all the buildings, including the Chapel, the Cultural Center and the Swimming Pool, will continue.
- Support staff were hired to exclusively clean and disinfect the bathrooms.
- Bathrooms are constantly disinfected with hypochlorite.
- There is always antibacterial soap in all bathrooms.
- Classrooms are completely disinfected at night.
Travel and external events
- All international and national trips made by teachers, collaborators and students are suspended until further notice.
- Academic excursions to external locations of the Gimnasio Moderno are suspended.
- All school routes have sanitizing gel that students, monitors and drivers must use when getting on and off.
- A disinfection and cleaning protocol is carried out on a daily basis in all school transports (bus routes).
- Lunch times were distributed so there are no crowds in the dining room.
- Until further notice, the use of drinking fountains is suspended and permanent hydration campaigns are promoted.
- If any student, teacher or collaborator has respiratory conditions, they will be directed immediately to the sick bay. It is also recommended that if a student has symptoms of flu, asthma episodes or respiratory conditions, the student must avoid attending school. Those symptoms should be informed in a timely manner.
- Tenth and Eleventh grade students will not be able to leave school facilities during school hours until further notice.
- Couriers are prohibited from entering the institution, as also deliveries.
- The school carries out a daily report of early respiratory disease alerts to the District Ministry of Education.
- Students do not attend school on March 13 and 16, so that teachers set up the virtual courses and programs that will be used in case the school has to apply the virtual model, while normalizing the situation caused by the pandemic.
- Maintain calm and responsible communication.
- Wash your hands every three hours with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially when entering a place, after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable handkerchief when coughing or sneezing and then throw it away. If you don’t have a handkerchief at hand, cover yourself with your forearm.
- Follow the recommendations on the use of masks and/or head caps: these should be used by people who are sick.
The Gimnasio Moderno thanks the entire Gimnasio’s community for their understanding and collaboration in the face of these measures that seek the protection of everybody.