Gimnasio Moderno welcomes the new teachers that will make up the teaching staff of the institution, who will support the areas of Spanish, Physical Education, Natural Sciences, Chemistry, English and Diverse Abilities.
The school is pleased to introduce the new teachers who will teach the students:
- Diana Katherine Salazar Rodríguez: Graduate of the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas in Basic Education with emphasis in English as a foreign language, Masters in Linguistics Applied to English Teaching. She has an advanced certification in Reality Therapy from the Glasser Institute and has just finished her studies in Differentiation in the Classroom at the Harvard School of Continuing Education. Diana enjoys musicals, anime and manga. She will be teaching English to high school students.
- Carolina Saavedra Coronado: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, specialist in Biomedical Engineering and Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. Carolina is a teacher who likes to know and stimulate the abilities and skills of her students. She will teach middle school students in the area of Chemistry.
- Francy Nayibe Ruiz Arévalo: She has a degree in Early Childhood Education from Universidad San Buenaventura. She has diploma studies in Executive Functions in preschool – life skills at the Universidad de la Sabana and another in Neuroeducation for Early Childhood at the Politécnico Gran Colombiano. Francy is a fan of national and international soccer and enjoys learning about different cultures and customs. She will be the new Spanish teacher for Preschool.
- Andrea Paola Puentes Ramírez: She has a degree in Sports from the Universidad Pedagógica Nacional. For Andrea it is important to listen to the people around her, this way she understands and enriches her vision of the world. She will be in charge of the sessions of Body Development, Yoga and Dance for Preschool.
- Juan Nicolás Corredor Ospina: He studied Applied Biology at the Universidad Militar Nueva Granada. One of his greatest passions is the study of wildlife, which is why he has studied primates, bats and museum specimens. He believes that the learning and teaching process is nurtured by the constant search for knowledge. He will be teaching the students in the Third Grade Decroly and Fourth Grade Decroly classes in the area of Natural Sciences.
In addition to the teachers who joined this year, the team of teachers and psychology had two new updates for 2021:
- Lina María Guavita: She is a Psychologist graduated from Universidad Santo Tomás, specialist in Educational Management from Universidad de la Sabana and Master in Educational Management from the same university. She enjoys writing fables and art therapy, so her hobbies are mosaicism and trencadis. Starting this year, she will be the Coordinator of the Diverse Abilities Program.
- Héctor Martínez: He studied in Spain, as a Higher Technician in Social Integration. He came to Colombia to learn the development of educational and social transformation projects using ICT as transversal tools. He is a social worker in his education, an educational leisure professional with long experience in informal education projects, fond of new technologies and passionate about education. From this year he officially joins the team of Technology teachers, where he will teach in STEAM and PBL (Project Based Learning) projects.