Fifteen teachers joined the teaching team.
Fifteen new teachers arrived to the Gimnasio Moderno who will be part of the teaching staff of the institution, who will support the areas of Aesthetics, Literature, Social, Spanish, Natural Sciences, Music, Art and Technology.
The school is pleased to introduce the new teachers who will train the students:
- Jorge Laguna: He studied literature and has a master’s degree in Creative Writing. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. program in Spain on the Latin American novel. In his free time he likes to read. He will be assisting third, fourth and eleventh grade students in the areas of Aesthetics and Literature.
- Andrés Fernando Jácome Velazco: He is a historian with a master’s degree in social and economic history. In his spare time he enjoys playing sports such as cycling and soccer. He will be a teacher of Social Sciences and History in High School.
- Natalia Quiceno Rodríguez: She has a degree in Basic Education with an emphasis on Humanities and Spanish Language. She studied a Master’s degree in higher studies of the Spanish language at the Universidad de Granada in Spain. Her hobbies are reading, writing and playing sports. She will assist Decroly third grade students in the area of Spanish.
- Daniela Andrea Arias is a Political Scientist, she holds a major in Environmental Management and a Master degree in the Study of prevention and gender violence. In her spare time she plays the violin, watches superhero movies and anime series. She will be the new social sciences teacher for Elementary.
- Fernando Ramírez López: He is a biologist with more than 15 years of experience as a teacher, he also has a master’s degree in Biological Sciences. In his spare time he likes to play the guitar as also write and read articles related to his great passion, biology.
- Mauricio Moreno Osorio: He has a degree in Music, a Master’s degree in research in music education. He is the new music teacher for Elementary. In his free time he practices cycling and spends time with his pet.
- Mónica María Orjuela: She is an industrial designer, artist, curator, specialist in pedagogy, with a master’s degree in English Language Teaching – ICELT Cambridge, she is currently part of the training program in cultural and creative entrepreneurship – Aula Creativa [“Creative Classroom”]. She will be the new arts teacher in High School. One of her hobbies is visiting galleries and museums.
- Ángela María González Vargas: She is a business administrator, specialist in art and has a master’s degree in education. She will guide students from Fourth Decroly to Ninth grade in the music area. During her free time she rides a bike.
- Catalina Osorio: She is a plastic artist; she holds a major and a master degree in artistic education. She has a rabbit with which he goes to take walks. She will be part of the team of art teachers for Preschool education.
- María Jimena León: She studied business administration and has a specialization in bilingual education. She loves to practice yoga and watch superhero movies. She will be a preschool teacher.
- Laura Catalina López: She is a business administrator and has a major in Educational Management. She will be the new math teacher for the students of First Decroly. Her favorite hobby is cooking and baking.
- Wendy Bibiana Mendoza: She is a Social Communicator and Journalist with a Master’s Degree in Educational and Social Development. She likes the movies, reading, walking, writing, riding a bike around the city and spending time with her friends. She will be the Spanish teacher for the Seventh, Tenth and Eleventh grades, she will also support the hig school projects.
- Andrés Ángelo Castelblanco: He is an industrial microbiologist, currently pursuing a master’s degree at the Universidad Nacional. He likes cooking and independent cinema. He will be a science teacher in Eighth.
- Ángel Camilo Bareño: Graduated in Technological Design, he likes to go for bike rides and play the guitar. He will be a Technology teacher in Second, Third and Fifth Decroly.
- Jairo Alberto Zamudio: He has a degree in Biology with a diploma in Formative Research. He has done most of his work in the biochemistry laboratory at the Universidad Javeriana, and has also advised various research projects at Colciencias. He likes to cook, read about biology and science fiction. He will accompany the Fourth and Fifth Decroly courses in the Technology area.
- Adriana Yamile Suarez: She has a degree in Linguistics and Literature with an emphasis on Linguistic research. She has a master’s degree in Spanish Linguistics. In her spare time she likes to read novels and go to the movies. She will accompany the creation of Projects for the Sixth grade and the production of academic texts for the Tenth and Eleventh grades.
The school community gives a warm welcome and wishes the best to all these new teachers of the institution.