In the foreground, the children line-up in shorts with their teacher. In the background you can see the Montessori kiosks and further back a city without buildings
THE ACACIA TREE
On one of the edges of La Raqueta, which was recently remodeled, the children gather to receive classes under an acacia tree.
The principal, Don Daniel Samper Ortega, is greeted by those attending the inauguration of the Faculty Building, which bears his name, on the birthday of the school.
One of the activities that the Boarding school students liked to do the most was playing Billiards. A pretext to apply the physics lessons learned in class.
CLASS IN THE PRIMARY RING
The children of Third grade Decroly are very organized in their Spanish class. The teacher hears their voices as they read aloud.
The field-trip students enthusiastically wave good-bye through the window to Mrs Adelaida, mister Agustin’s wife.
The children of Second Grade Decroly pose, along with teacher Inés Arias, around the garden pond that was on the south side of the Main Building.
THE TEACHERS AND THE PRINCIPAL
Posing with Don Agustín, standing, Isabel Vidales, María Luisa Schroeder, Ester Uribe, Rebeca Valencia, Helena Palomares, María Rodrigo and seated, Elisa Arias, Anita Galvis, Cecilia Ruiz, Leonor Arias, Isabelita Holguín and Fanny Segura.
Interior of the Covered Gymnasium, the first school sports arena. It was built in 1946 and years later the Swedish government donated equipment that allowed students to practice Olympic gymnastics.
After Fifth Decroly and before starting the path through High School, there wasPreparatory. One more level of school life. In this photograph the students of this grade appear in the company of their teacher Francisco Garzón.
Mister Liborio Cuellar was the first graduate of the Industrial and Commercial Management Faculty that functioned in the school.
Very elegant and poised, the teachers appear in this photograph of the teacher’s group in 1947.
Next to Isabelita and mister Agustin, the young men that make-up the Scout group line up.
Second Montessori Grade students pose before the virgin that has been with them ever since, from her stone monument, in the games of all the children.
EVERYONE WITH THE BUS
Through the windows and the side of the bus, the children appear in the company of Isabelita Holguín, Fanny Segura and mister Agustín.
Due to the disturbances that occurred on April 9, 1948, the Gimnasio Moderno welcomed visitors to the IX Pan American Conference, so that they could continue with the deliberations that resulted in the formation of the Organization of American States. The students lived a few days with the cadets of the Military School.
Students from the Gimnasio Femenino and the Gimnasio Moderno singing in the Fernandez Madrid Theater.
LEAP OF THE PIGEON
Students from High School show their skills leaping to icy waters, from the diving board to the first pool of the school.
Mister Armando Samper Gnecco teaches economics class to the students from the last grades.
Aereal picture in which the Santiago de Chile Avenue is seen, the school campus, the neighborhood and a few blocks away, Gaitan Lake. A place where city people visited.
Love for archeology led Prof to visit San Agustin, Neiva, accompanied by the students.
Mister Agustin visits the Fourth Grade Decroly Classroom.
ITS A CHANT FOR LIFE
In front of the stage of the Fernández Madrid Theater, the boys read their scores before beginning to sing in Teacher’s Gustavo Gómez Ardila’s class.
THE FACULTY BUILDING
Photograph of the Daniel Samper Ortega Building where the Faculty of Industrial and Commercial Economics operated since 1944, with which the Gimnasio Moderno offered its students higher education. In 1954, the Universidad de los Andes and the college decided to merge to create a single Faculty of Economics.
Group of teachers of Elementary and Secondary. In the background, in the balcony, the children mimicking the image.
Actores from Moderno and Actresses from Femenino rehearse the lines of the play “The cause of the incomprehensible sacrifice” that was shown in the Fernandez Madrid Theater.
This was the theater that operated on the second floor of the Main Building. In 1918 it was called: “Santiago Samper Brush Theater”. In a few years it was changed to “Fernández Madrid Theater”, which operated there until 1983.
In 1935 Don Venancio Rueda became the school doctor until 1958. His son Don Eduardo joined this endeavor, who has also been concerned with taking care of the best of the Gimnasio’s community.
THE ADELAIDA CUP
The pairs of players made up of students from the Gimnasio Femenino and students from the Gimnasio Moderno during the final of the Adelaida Cup. Appearing in the photograph: María Elvira Patiño and Alfonso Tamayo who faced Blanquita Samper and Mauricio Glauser, the latter being the winners of the tournament.
Model of the Chapel with which the sumptuousness of its design was demonstrated. A work of art that convinced the community of the importance of having a temple on campus.