Prevention and Containment
The protocol to contain COVID-19 propagation has been activated.
In order to protect and ensure the health of our students, teachers and collaborators, we have made the responsible decision to activate a prevention protocol to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the recent announcement of the World Health Organization.
As an institution, we are aware of the responsibility and commitment we have towards society, for such reason pursuant to the prevention and containment instructions issued by the Ministries of Health, Education and Labor, it has been decided to postpone, from the date and until further notice, the following activities, among others, of our school: excursions, inter-elected championships, institutional field trips, academic trips, cultural center events, cultural agenda programming, internal and external activities which may involve a high number of people, religious ceremonies, extracurricular school activities, on-campus social service, courses, forums, trainings and rehearsals of the Band.
In accordance with the information related below, we announce that, for the time being, the face-to-face classes will not be modified.
Updates and relevant information related to this issue of public interest, will be issued by the School Communications Office in the short term. These measures shall be extended until the national authorities provide information indicating that the situation has been normalized. We thank your understanding and collaboration with these measures. Recommendations for our community: so far there is no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 disease. The best way to prevent it is to avoid exposure through the following measures:
- Maintain calm and responsible communication through authorized information channels.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable handkerchief when coughing or sneezing and then throwing it away.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, using a common household cleaning product in spray or wipe.
- Follow the recommendations on the use of masks: these should be used by people who are sick.
- Avoid attending school when you or your children have symptoms of flu, asthma episodes, or respiratory conditions. Inform the school in a timely manner about this situation.
- Inform the school, in case of traveling outside the country or going to regions which are identified with the presence of the disease.